Featured post

Farah the Falcon Predicts Wrong

Farah the falcon is said to be one of the psychic animals to predict the whole matches in 2018 world cup in Russia have predicted wron...

Monday 24 August 2015

FIFA is not corrupt - Sepp Blatter


FIFA president Sepp Blatter has refuted the claim following the allegation of Corruption in FIFA organisation.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter says the organisation is not corrupt and that he protected the sport's governing body by stepping down from his position.

Sepp Blatter has served as FIFA president since 1998, but his tenure has been marred by repeated allegations of corruption prior to the arrests of FIFA officialS.

The Swiss was re-elected president, but announced his intention to relinquish his mandate as president in June 2 less than a week after nine FIFA officials were indicted on charges on racketeering conspiracy and corruption.

Sepp Blatter,s replacement will be elected at an Extraordinary Congress in Febuary and the current incumbent was unambiguous in his response to suggestion that FIFA have been tarnished due to recent allegation.

"That's not true, this has been created. The institution is not corrupt – there is no corruption in football," he told BBC Sport.

"There is corruption with individuals, there is not a general organised corruption.

"It is with people, the institution FIFA is not corrupt. It's not the institution, that's why I can't understand why the world's media say FIFA is corrupt."

Blatter also explained his reason for stepping down, adding 'i did it because i wanted to protect FIFA'

"I can protect myself. I am strong enough.

"I know what I have done, what I have not done, I have my conscience and I know I'm an honest man. I am clean. I am not a worried man."

No comments:

Post a Comment